Reaching any goal requires a plan.
There are many choices you need to make that will lead you to your destination. Follow these four steps to help you begin your planning. You can download our Pathways Planner to help you!
Step 1: Know Yourself
- What kind of learner am I?
- How do I learn best?
- What do I like to do?
- Check out http://www.myblueprint.ca/hcdsb
Step 2: Explore Opportunities
- What interests me?
- What is available?
- SHSM, cooperative learning, OYAP, volunteering?
- Check out http://www.schooltocareer.ca
Step 3: Choose a Direction
- What direction do you want to go in?
- Check out the following links for pathways websites:
Step 4: Build a Pathway
- What courses do I take to get where I want to be?
- Apprenticeship, workplace, college, university?